Last Revised January 8, 2024
i-payout is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of its existing, prospective, and former customers information. Since online privacy is constantly evolving, i-payout will take all commercially reasonable efforts to maintain up to date and effective online privacy standards and practices.
i-payout is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC
i-payout collects and uses your personal Information only for our business purposes which allows us to provide our services to you.
Personal Information includes any information about an identifiable individual or entity.
This includes information in any form such as:
- age, name, ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type;
- opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions;
- credit or debit card information, bank account information, website usernames and passwords,
- employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, customer complaint information, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs).
If you choose to provide i-payout with your personal Information through our website, or by facsimile, mail, or e-mail; i-payout may transfer that personal Information within i-payout, to i-payout’s third-party service providers, or from your country/jurisdiction to other countries/jurisdictions around the world, if the need arises.
i-payout strives to comply with all applicable laws around the world that are designed to protect your privacy. Although legal requirements may vary from country to country, i-payout’s goal is to provide protection for your personal Information no matter where that Information is collected, transferred, retained, or processed.
As a payment solutions provider, i-payout has certain obligations with regards to identity verification, fraud prevention, KYC checks and other similar security purposes. To ensure compliance with these obligations, certain of the Personal Information described above may be collected from, or verified against, third party sources such as government agencies and global regulatory databases.
i-payout may also collect government-issued identification numbers and other proofs of identity and domicile to comply with existing Know your Customer government regulations.
- our contractual obligations and rights
- our legal obligations
- statute of limitations under applicable law
- potential disputes
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities, and i-payout’s legitimate business interests
- the type of products and services requested by or provided to you
- the nature and length of our relationship with you
- possible re-enrolment with our products or services and
- the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some data from or as per mandatory retention periods provided by applicable laws
i-payout’s Privacy Principles:
We will only collect and use your Personal Information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so;
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we collect and use your Personal Information;
- If we have collected your Personal Information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for any other purpose unless you have been informed and, when relevant, your permission has been obtained;
- We will not ask for more Personal Information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it;
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed;
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of your Personal Information;
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your Personal Information, including GDPR, and will ensure that your Personal Information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period;
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws, including the GDPR, and will ensure that we promptly and transparently deal with queries relating to privacy issues;
- We will delete your Personal Information when you request us to do so, except for when we are required by law to retain some or all of your Personal Information for certain periods of time;
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations;
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of how it is processed or where it is stored;
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes, the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with our privacy principles;
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before any of your Personal Information is transferred to any other entities or to any other countries.
During registration i-payout may ask for the following personal Information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Street Address
- ZIP or Postal Code
- Email Address
- User Name
- User Password
- Phone Number
- Government ID number (e.g. SSN or passport number)
- Security question
- Answer to Security questions responding with you via mail, facsimile, or the Internet.
Due to governmental oversight of all financial transactions, the above-listed information is required to be collected by i-payout to offer our services to our users. This information is used to determine identity and the authenticity of transactions conducted by our users. The need for the requested identification information and subsequent verification checks are mandatory as dictated by U.S. law.
i-payout takes data security seriously and offers our users a secure alternative payment solution that can be used with confidence over the Internet as well as overall cellular phone networks. i-payout’s mission is to provide consumers with the most secure, reliable, fast, and easy payment solution available for use on the Internet and cell phones. Users protect their accounts from misuse by selecting a unique Username (i.e., their Associate, Member or Distributor number or a self-chosen Username) and by selecting their own User Password during the sign-up process. Thereafter, users can quickly and easily access their funds and perform multiple transactions from their accounts. Passwords can easily be changed by the User and we highly encourage that users do so on a regular basis.
Information collected during New Account Registrations phase is used for:
- Creating an i-payout eWallet
- Verifying and authenticating the user’s Checking Account transactions
- Automatic Data Collection
Our Website has various features that automatically collect information from users to deliver requested content specific to each users’ interests and to honor their preferences and requests. This information assists us in creating a Website that will constantly evolve to better serve the needs of our users.
A “cookie” is a small data file a Website transfers to your computer’s hard drive. i-payout is committed to continually improving the Web experience for our visitors. Currently, cookies are the most effective way of identifying unique, anonymous visitors and to document their navigation during visits. Cookies are typically classified as either “session” cookies or “permanent” cookies.
“Session” cookies do not stay on your computer after you leave our Website or close your browser. The aggregate information collected permits us to analyze traffic patterns on our site. This can enable us over time to provide a better experience on our site by improving content or personalization and making our site easier to use.
“Permanent” cookies are those that remain on your computer. They are used to facilitate shopping, personalization, and registration services. For example, cookies can keep track of what you have selected to purchase as you continue to shop and allow you to enter your password only once on Web pages where a login is required. The user can manually remove “Permanent” cookies.
For internal purposes, we gather date, time, browser type, navigation history and IP addresses of all visitors to our Website. This information does not contain anything that can identify users individually. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis, system administration, and to gather broad, aggregate demographic information about our user base. We may combine demographic information supplied by users at registration with site usage data to provide general profiles, in aggregate non-personally identifiable form, about our users and their preferences relating to Website content and site advertising. We may share this composite information with our advertisers and business affiliates to help them better understand our services.
On rare occasions it is necessary to send out service related announcements. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, users may receive an email stating this. These communications are not promotional in nature.
We have to communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services. Also, in regard to issues relating to their accounts, we reply via email or phone in accordance with users’ wishes. From time-to-time, it may be necessary for our customer support team to contact an individual if there is a problem or issue with their account.
In compliance with the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF), the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-U.S. DPF), International Payment Systems, Inc commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the U.S. pursuant to the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF. EU, UK, and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints should first contact International Payment Systems, Inc.
International Payment Systems, Inc has further committed to refer unresolved DPF Principles-related complaints to a U.S.-based independent dispute resolution mechanism, BBB NATIONAL PROGRAMS. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbbprograms.org/dpf-complaints for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
Although we make every effort to preserve our user’s privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us or our Website, or in a situation where a customer’s behavior raises concern about the legitimacy of his or her account.
In order for i-payout to provide its core service offering (secure, fast payments), it is required to share personally identifiable information with our other service providers that provide various services for us to complete our tasks. These can include electronic funds movement and processing companies, card transaction processing companies, banks and similar service providers. All our service providers maintain similar or even stricter confidentiality and data security features as i-payout.
In the event i-payout goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, individual user’s personal information will in most instances be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via email and via a prominent notice on our Website prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If because of the business transition, our users’ personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection of that information, then users will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
You should be aware that other Internet sites that you link to from the i-payout site may contain privacy provisions that differ from the provisions of our Privacy Statement. To ensure your privacy is protected, we recommend that you review the privacy statements of other Internet sites you visit.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information
If users wish to change their personally identifiable information (such as postal or zip code, phone numbers or their postal address), they can do so by going to their “Profile” page and making the appropriate changes.
Notification of Changes
However, if we are going to use a users’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify users via email. Users will then have a choice as to whether or not we may use their information in this different manner in addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect the user’s information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our Website notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice, we will also email users who have opted to receive communications from us by email, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.